Since transportation is the most air polluting activity in Europe we feel ourselves responsible to do something in order to
- reduce our dependency on fossil fuels,
- reduce air- and noise pollution (especially COx and PM10!),
- increase utilisation of car traffic (1,6 person/passanger-car at the moment),
- improve the public health and well being,
- educate people and raise awareness!
There is a great series of videos about ‘Moving beyond the automobile‘ on one of my favourite websites: Streetfilms.org.
There are several professional and community-based knowledge hubs in the virtual space. Put the following websites into your bookmark folder:
- ELTIS (Europe)
- Planning for People (Europe)
- Thinking Transport (Australia)
- Irish National Cycle Manual with lots of great CGI photos ;)
- CiViTAS Mimosa
- a marketplace for cities: CITYMART
- Project for Public Spaces